SABIC – Research report and profile is a comprehensive database collection. The report comprises of the company’s structure & operations, SWOT analysis, firm’s products & services, and its corporate actions. Therefore, 360° analysis of the company is provided.
- Detailed information on SABIC required for business and competitor intelligence needs
- In-depth study of the factors influencing SABIC as SWOT Analysis
- Detailed analysis of SABIC’s business model comprising breakdowns and examinations of the key business segment
- Track on SABIC’s strategic business development
- News and press releases about SABIC, such as business expansion, restructuring, and contract wins
- Easy to understand statistical charts & graphs showing key trends and data
SABIC, founded by Khalid of Saudi Arabia in September 1976 is headquartered at Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. SABIC is “Saudi Arabia Basic Industries Corporation”, a diversified manufacturing company, active in chemicals and intermediates, industrial polymers, fertilizers, and metals.
SABIC’s core market are greener transport, higher crop yields, stronger buildings, better healthcare, safer food, cleaner energy and smarter devices. 70% of the company’s shares are owned by the Saudi Arabian government, with the remaining 30% held by private investors in Saudi Arabia and other countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council.
SABIC Innovative Plastics US (SABIC IP) is among the world's largest producers of high-performance polymers used by manufacturers of electronics, office equipment, computers, and automotive products. The SABIC-owned company's units include specialty film & sheet, which makes the polycarbonate sheet and film under the Lexan brand name; Polymershapes, a plastic film, sheet, and tube distributor; and Resins, a producer of all manner of plastic resins (the starting point in making most plastic materials). SABIC IP is the top producer of engineering thermoplastics.
Today, the company has operations in over 40 countries with a global workforce of over 40,000 talented individuals. In 2014, SABIC ranked fourth in the world among the chemical companies by Fortune Global 500 and the world’s 205th largest corporation. FY2014, figures for the company are USD 6.2 Billion net income, USD 50.2 Billion Sales, USD 90.7 Billion Assets. Till date SABIC has approx. 2000 scientists and 10640 patent portfolio filings.
Through sustainability, SABIC focuses on creating lasting value for stakeholders and its business. To achieve this, the company works on material solutions that address the social, environmental, and economic sustainability issues that affect its business and beyond. This year it has launched its 2025 corporate strategy, positioning sustainability as a foundation that supports its strategic pillars. The company has made this decision deliberately, recognizing that the way in which they secure its feedstock, manage its sites, develop the people, and innovate their product portfolio will not only help them achieve their business goals, but also enable its continued growth and economic success, in harmony with the natural environment.
Vision 2050 of SABIC imagine a world where precision agriculture delivers better crop yields from less land, where high-tech materials enable clean, renewable energy to be the principal source of power for our cities and homes and where low-cost personal transport takes us wherever we want to go.
Its main competitors are The Dow Chemical Co., BASF SE and Polyone Corporation.
Recently, SABIC has become the largest patent developer in the Middle East by passing 10,000 patents mark.
Reasons to Purchase:
- Gain understanding of SABIC and the factors that influence its strategies
- Revised latest corporate news and strategic initiatives of the company
- Assess SABIC as a potential collaborator and supplier
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Stay up to date on SABIC’s business structure, strategy and prospects